[Qgis-developer] Release schedule discussion - again

Richard Duivenvoorde rdmailings at duif.net
Wed Oct 14 02:19:44 PDT 2015

On 14-10-15 10:44, Sandro Santilli wrote:

> Personally I wouldn't care about missing 2.12, but 2.14 LTR is what
> I'm looking at (although it is always hard for me to figure out
> exactly when it is expected, I guess Feb 2016 ?).

Oi Sandro,

plz bookmark ;-)

http://qgis.org/en/site/forusers/index.html

in the section 'Download QGIS' roadmap linking to:

http://qgis.org/en/site/getinvolved/development/index.html#release-schedule

So 26.02.2016 will be YOUR day :-)

(off course 2.20 is only in there because certain people ;-) complained
about missing dates.... given the recent discussions I'm not sure we
will make it a 2.20....)

Regards,

Richard Duivenvoorde

ps my personal idea:

Work hard on 2.14 AND docs for it, to be the last but most stable 2.x
version ever by being very carefull about what put in 2.13 (maybe a
(big)feature freeze)
Then after 2.14 concentrate on moving to Python3/Qt5, so general users
can stick to 2.14 for a loooong time, and dev's have some extra time to
get the 3.0/Qt5/Python3 work done?