[Qgis-developer] Release schedule discussion - again

Bas Couwenberg sebastic at xs4all.nl
Wed Oct 14 03:23:56 PDT 2015

On 2015-10-14 12:12, Sandro Santilli wrote:
> On Wed, Oct 14, 2015 at 11:53:14AM +0200, Bas Couwenberg wrote:
>> On 2015-10-14 11:35, Sandro Santilli wrote:
>> >And, would it be ok for it to not be an LTR before Feb 2017 ?
>>
>> For Debian that's probably too late, the freeze in preparation for
>> the stretch stable release will likely happen in November 2016.
>
> And would you need an _LTR_ for debian packaging ?

Yes, because the LTRs are most suited for backports to stable (as they
don't require project upgrades every couple of months).

I also don't have the time to keep up with the frequent regular releases
(the Debian GIS team is too understaffed for that), so the LTRs are
ideal for Debian.

Unless someone steps up to maintain the qgis package in Debian, I'm not
considering switching back to the regular releases.

Kind Regards,

Bas