[Qgis-developer] New GRASS plugin: a test drive

Radim Blazek radim.blazek at gmail.com
Thu Oct 22 02:28:43 PDT 2015

On Wed, Oct 21, 2015 at 10:04 PM, Pedro VenĂ¢ncio
<pedrongvenancio at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi again Radim,
>
> I was looking at typemask Option tag, and his definition says "for vector
> input option defines allowed types. Only the layers of one of defined type
> are displayed in input", but at this moment, all types are displayed in the
> input dropdown list. Is this intended, or is just a side effect of show all
> layers of the mapset in dropdown?

Yes, it is now intended for two reasons. First, it could be confusing
for user if some maps were missing from input list. Second is
technical, to get list of layers in vector map may be time consuming,
the info must be read from the map (which was not the case with < 2.11
where only layers in canvas were listed).

All vector maps are listed in map input widget, but only the types
specified by typemask will be offered for selection (if there are more
than one) under the input widget. If selected vector does not contain
any layer of specified type, a warning dialog opens when module is
run.

> Another question, I would like to include v.to.3d in QGIS-GRASS. To do that,
> I separated it in three different modules: v.to.3d.fixed (fixed height for
> 3D vector features), v.to.3d.attr (attribute column used for height) and
> v.to.2d (reverse transformation). Do you think this can be merged now,
> during feature freeze, since it is nothing that can corrupt anything, or
> should I make a pull request now and you check and merge after the end of
> feature freeze?

In general it is new feature, but in this little amount, I think that
it can be accepted, it cannot break anything, if default.qgm is a
valid xml. In any case, test well before you create pull request and
after it gets merged.

Radim