[Qgis-developer] problem with GRASS 7 when creation a new mapset

Radim Blazek radim.blazek at gmail.com
Thu Oct 22 05:39:11 PDT 2015

On Wed, Oct 21, 2015 at 5:04 PM, matteo <matteo.ghetta at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi all,
> I hope that this problem is not already been discussed..
> I'm trying to test the GRASS 7 plugin but I get always the same error
> during the creation of the new mapset:

You are running qgis from build (src in this case) dir? Try to install
qgis and run it from installation target dir. You will have to add
path to grass libs to LD_LIBRARY_PATH.

> * in the wizard, after the CRS options I get:
>
> Regions file (/home/ma7730/lavori/QGIS/QGIS-Master/grass/locations.gml)
> not found.
>
> and that's right. Actually the file is here:
>
> /home/ma7730/lavori/QGIS/QGIS-Master/src/plugins/grass/locations.gml

It does not support running from build dir.

> * so the new mapset is created, I can also create the new location but
> then I get this error:
>
> New mapset successfully created, but cannot be opened: Mapset lock
> failed (exitStatus=0, exitCode=127, errorCode=5, error=Unknown error
> stdout=, stderr=/usr/lib/grass70/etc/lock: error while loading shared
> libraries: libgrass_gis.7.0.1.so: cannot open shared object file: No
> such file or directory
> )

The GRASS modules cannot find GRASS libs, must be added to
LD_LIBRARY_PATH before qgis is started.

Radim