[Qgis-developer] Improving ftools geoprocessing tools

Giovanni Manghi giovanni.manghi at gmail.com
Thu Oct 22 07:21:05 PDT 2015

> Icon support is already in Processing. The first versions actually
> used the same ftools icons, but I removed that because there were new
> algorithms being added, and it was quite messy to see some algorithms
> with icons and others with the default icon. Instead, I started using
> the same icon for all algorithms for a given provider, for the sake of
> homogeneity.

the main issue here is not if leave th vector menu or not, i think we
all agree we should get rid of it and have all the tools in
processing.

The issue here is about the lousy performances (and even wrong
results) of the native qgis vector geoprocessing tools. I think we all
agree that qgis should have a few (at least the most commonly used)
ones, without depending on any 3rd party software.

cheers!

-- G --