[Qgis-developer] Upgrade to QGIS 2.12 corrupted all my plugins files !

kimaidou kimaidou at gmail.com
Sun Oct 25 12:20:10 PDT 2015

Hi all,

I discovered my issue with python plugins was much more thant missing
metadata files.

In fact, it appears that all the plugin files have been somehow corrupted
in my .qgis2/python/plugins/ folder !
When doing an ls command in one of the plugins folder, I get this :
https://paste.sh/yOPsb32r#hhoIbJV9PiYaNBt6XYwwgVv_

When I sudo ls in this folder, it seems the files are here:
https://paste.sh/03-NDL3b#lq1Xwua28gqj-2cOYzODd_Bp

A simple "nano" for one file tells me the file is a new empty one
A "sudo nano" shows me the file content.

It seems something broke the files permissions and ownership for me.
Any one has encountered the same thing ?

NB : I was stupidely using QGIS 2.10 while apt-get upgraded into 2.12 which
is surely the reason why everything went crazy in my laptop ;)

I am pretty confident I can find a solution via chmod and chown, but this
can be scary for some users, and hopefully I am the only one concerned

Cheers
Michaël