[Qgis-developer] Updating field with a trigger

Yves Jacolin yjacolin at free.fr
Wed Sep 9 04:41:41 PDT 2015

Hello,

I have a small project with a sqlite db. There is a layer with a trigger on a
field #1 to calculate an addition and put the result in another field (#2).

When I edit the initial field #1, the second field #2 is not updated in the
form. I need to close the form and open it again to see the result.

Do you think this is a known limitation or a bug?

My point of view is that it is a limitation, as QGIS don't know that a trigger
can change a value in the same feature server side.

I don't know if QGIS should or could get an update of the data server side
before display the form content.

In case there is no such plan, do you think we can add some logic in a python
script to force the form update (I can ask to Arnaud next week on this topic).

Thanks,

Y.