[Qgis-developer] Project Snapping Options

Matthias Kuhn matthias at opengis.ch
Sun Sep 13 12:16:08 PDT 2015

Hi,

I just realized that the "Snapping Options" entry in the "Settings" menu
is related to the project configuration. As such, I think it should go
to the "Project Properties" or at least to the "Project" menu.

I was expecting that changes in this dialog will modify the application
settings. The application settings can be changed from the "Settings ->
Options" menu but are overridden by the project settings. They only
serve as defaults for newly generated projects.

I would expect that I could either set the project settings to inherit
from the application settings or that I could set the application
settings to override the project settings.

Did I miss something obvious or is the behavior strange indeed?

-- Matthias