[Qgis-developer] Geometry precision model

Sandro Santilli strk at keybit.net
Mon Sep 14 01:38:29 PDT 2015

On Mon, Sep 14, 2015 at 10:29:31AM +0200, Andreas Neumann wrote:
> Salut Hugo,
>
> I believe that Sourcepole (Sandro Mani) worked on this already - but
> the GEOS patch is pending and was not yet accepted.
>
> See also:
> http://trac.osgeo.org/geos/ticket/713
> https://lists.osgeo.org/pipermail/geos-devel/2015-January/007080.html
>
> Best to discuss with him - and maybe help to get Sandro Santilli to
> review this patch and hopefully accept it.

Your contribution to the discussion on the mailing list would greatly
help moving the patch forward. I think adding the possibility to set
PrecisionModel via the C-API is the way to go, just not sure about the
details about the interface. Drafting an implementation in QGIS might
help evaluating the latest proposal better.

--strk;