[Qgis-developer] Crash on exit

Matthias Kuhn matthias at opengis.ch
Fri Sep 18 06:07:13 PDT 2015

Hi all,

These crashes can have different reasons (e.g. for the plugin at
Andreas' place it's becuase of a custom expression function which seems
to get double deleted). Some of these can probably be prevented by
changes in QGIS core, some will require changes in the plugin.

The best method I can think of is to reproduce the problems on a
computer where QGIS is running in debug mode (or at least capable of
producing a stacktrace) and decide case-by-case.
For the minidump - which would theoretically also include a stacktrace -
I am not sure if anybody is actually capable of analyzing it.

I'm sorry to tell you that I doubt that there's an easy way to deal with
it. Or a generic approach to "catch" this and prevent QGIS from crashing.

Just my 2c, if anybody has an idea to fix it once and for all, please
speak up :-)

Matthias