[Qgis-developer] QGIS Server crashes and logging

Alessandro Pasotti apasotti at gmail.com
Fri Sep 18 07:20:23 PDT 2015

> Hi,
>
> I am still trying to find out why QGIS server crashes on one of my
> machines (master version).
>
> If I run qgis_mapserv.fcgi on the command line I get the following output:
>
> -------------------
> an at laotop:~/cgi$ ./qgis_mapserv.fcgi
> Warning 1: Unable to find driver ECW to unload from GDAL_SKIP environment
> variable.
> Warning 1: Unable to find driver ECW to unload from GDAL_SKIP environment
> variable.
> Warning 1: Unable to find driver JP2ECW to unload from GDAL_SKIP
> environment variable.
> Warning 1: Unable to find driver ECW to unload from GDAL_SKIP environment
> variable.
> Warning 1: Unable to find driver JP2ECW to unload from GDAL_SKIP
> environment variable.
>
> <ServiceExceptionReport version="1.3.0" xmlns="http://www.opengis.net/ogc"
> <http://www.opengis.net/ogc>>
> <ServiceException code="Service configuration error">Service unknown or
> unsupported</ServiceException>
> </ServiceExceptionReport>
> ------------------
>
> Could it be that my ECW/JP2 warning are causing the crash (500 http error
> code)? Is this the problem?
>
> --------------
>
> On another matter:
> QGIS_SERVER_LOG_FILE / _LEVEL never worked for me. I specified the
> following in /etc/apache2/mods-enabled/fcgid.conf:
>

>  FcgidInitialEnv QGIS_SERVER_LOG_FILE "/var/log/apache2/qgis_server.log"
>  FcgidInitialEnv QGIS_SERVER_LOG_LEVEL 0
>
> I created the file /var/log/apache2/qgis_server.log and made sure it is
> writable by everyone - however, it always stays empty. Is level 0 the most
> verbose code? Why is it not working?
>
> Thanks for any ideas,
> Andreas

Hello Andreas,

to convince QGIS server to log is black magic... if you are working from
the command line, you should set the env vars by exporting them or directly
in the command, this works for me from the cmd line:

QGIS_SERVER_LOG_LEVEL=0 QGIS_SERVER_LOG_FILE=/tmp/qgis-000.log
./qgis_mapserv.fcgi

The ECW/JP2 are probably unrelated to your crash.

--
Alessandro Pasotti
w3:   www.itopen.it