[Qgis-developer] Processing regression: OGR algs cannot be used in models

Anita Graser anitagraser at gmx.at
Sun Sep 20 03:28:27 PDT 2015

Hi,

​I'd like to draw some attention to a really nasty OGR issue/regression
which makes it impossible to use OGR algos in models:
http://hub.qgis.org/issues/13174

In general, this is kind of a follow upon of the thread "GRASS missing from
Processing?" where Paolo summarized:

On Fri, Sep 18, 2015 at 12:31 PM, Paolo Cavallini <cavallini at faunalia.it>
wrote:

> The main point here is very few people invest in it, so
> stabilization and innovation is slower than we would like.

​I assume most of the paid development is currently not aimed towards
geoprocessing. Paying users so far seem quite focused on cartographic
abilities and data management but much less on spatial analysis.

​What would it take to get a Processing testing framework up and running as
discussed in https://hub.qgis.org/issues/5807?

There's been success with crowd-funding initiatives in the past. Is there
any dev who would want to focus on this?

Best wishes,
Anita

​