[Qgis-developer] Processing regression: OGR algs cannot be used in models

Filipe Dias filipesdias at gmail.com
Mon Sep 21 01:35:07 PDT 2015

Hi,

Despite the lack of financial investment QGIS-Processing is, in my opinion,
the best tool for GIS analysis in the market (including paid software).
However there are a few problems (like the one mentioned above) that can
discourage new users and ruin user experience.

I think some paid development time would certainly help QGIS- processing a
lot. For instance QGIS-Processing multi-threaded support seems to be
finished or close but still hasn't been merged into master (I assume
because no developer had the time to review it).

If the sponsors are not interested in financing Processing, then
crowdfunding would be a nice alternative. I would certainly be willing to
contribute.

Cheer