[Qgis-developer] Accessing non spatial data in MS SQL from python

Casper Børgesen (CABO) CABO at NIRAS.DK
Mon Sep 21 03:05:40 PDT 2015

Hi!

I have an MS SQL database (not spatial) from which I would like to fetch and update data from my python plugin.

My question is:
Is it possible with a "normal" QGIS installation to connect to an MS SQL database from python, so I'll be able to execute various SELECT and UPDATE statements?

I haven't begun any development, I'm just trying to establish if this is possible and whether it is straight forward.

Regards, Casper