[Qgis-developer] Possibility of extension for freeze for 2.12?

Nyall Dawson nyall.dawson at gmail.com
Mon Sep 21 03:07:56 PDT 2015

Hi Jürgen,

I'm hesitantly asking what your thoughts are on extending the freeze
for 2.12 by a couple of days? I'm aware of a few large pieces of
valuable work which are in progress and hoping to land in 2.12, and
we've also got a few large PRs waiting/about to be submitted which
will take considerable time to review.

For myself I'd love a couple of extra days to add a few extra things
to expression contexts. Specifically, adding a "@original_value"
variable so that the original symbol/label value is available in
expressions. Eg, a data defined expression
"set_color_part(@original_value,'alpha',"population"/100)". Bam - easy
value-by-alpha maps. Or stuff like "case when "population" > 10000
then @original_value + 4 else @original_value end" .

Any chance of this? Totally understand if you'd prefer not.

Nyall