[Qgis-developer] [QGIS-Server] Add a Short Name to layers for OGC Web Services

Régis Haubourg regis.haubourg at eau-adour-garonne.fr
Mon Sep 21 04:18:41 PDT 2015

Hi all,
+1 with that.
 I also would like that we start clarifying Metadatas concepts currently
present in QGIS.
We have some OWS metadata on project level, but no ISO (19xxx) there. At
layer's level, we have amix of OWS and ISO metadatas, with confusion on
those concepts.

Title is a very good example of this, since Title in WFS needs to respect
formatting rules, when ISO metadata titles are more dedicated for human
beings ;-)
Since some of us want to be able to generate ISO metadatas AND server WxS
services form QGIS, I think we should start some global approach in that
area.

I raised that issue yesterday in metadata QEP from Tom here [0]
[0] https://github.com/qgis/QGIS-Enhancement-Proposals/pull/20

Any opinion on that?
Cheers
Régis