[Qgis-developer] snapping and topology checker

Marc Beiling beiling at gbd-consult.de
Tue Sep 22 01:51:06 PDT 2015

Hi all,

1. I've had some inconsistent problems with the topology checker
lately (linux, QGIS 2.10.1). I've tested a line-layer with the dangles
option. This layer had been created time ago with arcgis
two-point-line-tool. It showed me a lot of errors/dangles even on
straight lines, where the nodes seemed to be connected. They were not.
So I've tried to repair those by grabbing and moving the nodes on to
each other in snapping mode and checked them again.

My problem: Sometimes it works and the dangles are gone. Sometimes it
doesnt. Anyone else encountered similar behaviour?

2. I'd like to copy closed line-objects from my line-layer
and paste them in a polygon-layer. It's no problem, when the object is
created in one go. But when the line-object isnt closed yet, I don't
know how to do it. I've tried to close it by editing with snapping mode
and then even to dissolve it before copy+paste. But the objects are
always recognized as multiple line-objects, so when pasting in the
polygon-layer it becomes 2 Polygons closed at their repective start- and
end-node.
What do I have to do here?

Thanks
Marc