[Qgis-developer] Raster Clip Delta CRS / WGS84 & BaseCamp

Filippo Gualla filippog16 at gmail.com
Tue Sep 22 09:28:06 PDT 2015

Hi everybody,

I wonder if someone in this community/forum can explain me what I am going
to describe.

1 - I have an "ecw" raster file with a CRS already defines as "EPSG 102091"
(Monte_Mario_Italy_1). I have create a polygon (I have set the parameter
CRS as "EPSG 102091" too) and I use it as a mask to clip a portion of the
raster through "GDAL Clip raster by mask layer". Then I saved this portion
of the raster as a new file. When I open the clipped raster, the CRS is not
"EPSG 102091" anymore but "EPSG 3003" that, of course, is always a Monte
Mario (exactly "Monte Mario / Italy zone 1") but I wonder why is not "EPSG
102091" also in the portion I have clipped. What disturd me is also that
these two RS are not exactly the same, as also stated here:

http://gis.stackexchange.com/questions/102541/any-difference-between-epsg3003-and-epsg102091

Anyone can explain me why that happens?

2 - Maybe here is not the place for this question, but I try... I have
converted the previous portion in EPSG 3003 into a common WGS84 ("EPSG
4326") through GDAL Warp (reproject) and, looking at the new raster, it
seems that the tool performs the operation properly. Sorry, this portion is
located in the middle of Sardinia. Then I create a kmz file through "Create
Garmin cusrom map from map canvas" tool, I imported this file (in the
proper file extension and with the proper CRS, wgs84) in the Garmin
BaseCamp but my area is not where it should supposed to be, Sardinia, but
is between Albacete and Madrid, in Spain (yes, BaseCamp view is set in
wgs84), any idea?

Thanks in advance,

Filippo