[Qgis-developer] crash on deleting a column (virtual field)

Salvatore Larosa lrssvtml at gmail.com
Tue Sep 22 06:06:20 PDT 2015

Hi Tom,

On Tue, Sep 22, 2015 at 10:02 AM, Tom Chadwin <tom.chadwin at nnpa.org.uk> wrote:
> Hi Salvatore
>
> Following the steps in Pedro's ticket does *not* crash for me. However, I'll
> ask some questions to clarify:
>
> 1. I did not select "Virtual field", as that was not mentioned in the ticket

I added a comment to the issue with the steps already mentioned in this trhead.

> 2. I only gave a static value for the contents o the field, rather than an
> expression - does this only happen with more complex expressions?

yes it occurs with any value, not needed a complex expression.

> 3. I did not close the attribute table between creating the new field and
> deleting it

correct, you have to keep attribute dialog open

> Does anyone else *not* get a crash following the steps in
> https://hub.qgis.org/issues/13366?

Actually there are two different issue apparently,  the first one
(Pedro's issue) happens with native field, but it was already fixed
[0],
the second one (mine) happens when creating a virtual field by field
calculator and then deleting it.

Maybe should I file a new ticket for it?

Thanks for your feedback.

--
Salvatore Larosa
linkedIn: http://linkedin.com/in/larosasalvatore