[Qgis-developer] Kriging interpolation functionality in QGIS?

Stefan Keller sfkeller at gmail.com
Mon Sep 28 13:10:00 PDT 2015

Werner: I'm with you.
Victor: Thanks for the pointer to SAGA tools in Processing.

The background of my questions is, that I'm having a research project
in mind where we need to implement Kriging for predefined agricultural
soil samples.
Here the farmer does not need to know what's under the hood.
Now I'm thinking to give back something to the QGIS community like
parameter suggestions calculated from cross validation.
And I'm reluctant to implement this using something other than a QGIS
extension (nothing against SAGA).

Any one who has experiences on how estimate any Kriging parameters?
E.g. these SAGA tool parameters look especially "frightening" :-)
Power function A/B (in Universal K.) and Variogram Model (in Ordinary K.)

:Stefan