[Qgis-developer] Processing test suite

Victor Olaya volayaf at gmail.com
Tue Sep 29 23:00:23 PDT 2015

Thanks for the proposal Paolo. This is clearly an important need for Processing

I, however, don't think that the test suite should have test for all
algorithms. The most important part, IMHO, is to test the framework
itself (which will be quite complex itself). It is very uncommon that
a change in the Processing code breaks a single algorithm. Usually it
breaks several of them that shares a point in common, or all of them.
Testing a representative set of algorithms (using all types of
parameters, outputs, etc) and different situations (used in  the
modeler, used with this or that type of data...) should be a good
start.

I wrote some tests some time ago, but I guess most of them wont pass
now, I haven't mantained them during this time. I can take a look at
them and we might be able to reuse them. They were, however, not setup
to be run on a testing  QGIS, but simply run from the QGIS console.
That won't work for automating it and linking it to our CI system, so
we should work on preparing the testing infrastructure.

My time is limited, but i will try to help as much as possible if
other people are willing to collaborate.

Cheers