[Qgis-developer] share plugins (English required)

Martin Landa landa.martin at gmail.com
Tue Apr 5 09:40:06 PDT 2016

Hi,

> yes, I was thinking about that. I will create local repo for my
> OSGeoREL at the CTU. No problem with hosting I am working at the
> university. Plugins (student projects) which will pass requirements
> for QGIS repo will be moved there after some testing.

is it possible to provide `download_url` which links directly to
github, or do I need to create zip file manually?

Here is example of my repo [1]. Installing the plugin fails:

"""
Plugin installation failed:Failed to unzip the plugin package.
Probably it's broken or missing from the repository. You may also want
to make sure that you have write permission to the plugin directory:
/home/martin/.qgis2/python/plugins
"""

Debug messages says:

"""
src/core/qgsnetworkaccessmanager.cpp: 94: (queryProxy) [147ms] using
fallback proxy for
http://geo.fsv.cvut.cz/osgeorel/qgis-plugins.xml?qgis=2.15
src/core/qgsnetworkaccessmanager.cpp: 94: (queryProxy) [1ms] using
fallback proxy for
http://plugins.qgis.org/plugins/plugins.xml?qgis=2.15
src/app/pluginmanager/qgspluginmanager.cpp: 1031: (setCurrentTab)
[940ms] Switching current tab to Plugins
src/core/qgspythonrunner.cpp: 32: (run) [2272ms] Running
pyplugin_installer.instance().installPlugin('master')
src/core/qgsnetworkaccessmanager.cpp: 189: (createRequest) [5ms]
Adding trusted CA certs to request
src/core/qgsnetworkaccessmanager.cpp: 94: (queryProxy) [1ms] using
fallback proxy for
https://github.com/ctu-osgeorel-proj/bp-pesek-2016/archive/master.zip
"""

Thanks, Martin