[Qgis-developer] Travis timeouts

Matthias Kuhn matthias at opengis.ch
Thu Apr 7 11:30:05 PDT 2016

On 04/07/2016 05:48 PM, Sandro Santilli wrote:
> On Thu, Apr 07, 2016 at 05:41:00PM +0200, Matthias Kuhn wrote:
>
>>> Use docker to avoid deps builds ? Not sure if/how travis supports
>>> this. Pretty sure gitlab-ci does (in case you plan to add a mirror
>>> there).
>> Docker is supported but not on container based builds
> Can't you chose the docker to use as the base, for container based
> builds ? What I was suggesting is that you prepare "qgis testing"
> dockers to use as base.

You can build on any docker image but I don't know which dependencies we
could put in there that would reduce build time notably.

The "container based builds" happen on a standard container but have the
advantage that ccache can be persisted between builds (without us taking
care of storage).

--
Matthias Kuhn
OPENGIS.ch - https://www.opengis.ch