[Qgis-developer] [Qgis-community-team] Moving the install instructions to a more sexy, visible, coherent and translatable page in qgis.org

Nyall Dawson nyall.dawson at gmail.com
Sat Apr 23 15:28:40 PDT 2016

On 24 Apr 2016 07:00, "DelazJ" <delazj at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Thanks for your comments. You both are pointing what I was afraid of and
mentionned at the end of my message: how to keep up to date the install
instructions?
> And to be honest I'd prefer an up to date instruction in english only
(though not easy to use) to a translated but deprecated one. My intention
wasn't to move the INSTALL instruction itself from the QGIS repo. I agree
that we should keep an INSTALL doc near every QGIS release.
> My concern is should we and how do we get back its contents into website
(or maybe, documentation?) repo. I don't know about magic tools that can be
used so can't be of any help. Sorry!

On a (somewhat) related note - I'd love to get the coding guidelines
updated and add in documentation for how to correctly use QGIS' unit
testing infrastructure. But I'm unsure where these guidelines now exist and
why they were removed. The website and wiki reference them, but they've
been deleted from the repo.

@m-kuhn I know you were doing some work in this regard a while back. What's
the status with that?

Nyall