[Qgis-developer] [Processing] GDAL - Clip raster by extent : is NODATA param optional ?

Giovanni Manghi giovanni.manghi at gmail.com
Mon Apr 25 13:29:52 PDT 2016

> Hi all,
>
> I encountered some trouble to integrate 'GDAL - Clip raster by extent'
> in a model.
>
> The NODATA param is described as 'Nodata value, leave blank to take the
> nodata value from input' and it is not optional. There is no problem if
> the algorithm is executed alone. But when we integrated 'GDAL - Clip
> raster by extent' in a model with an empty value for NODATA, because the
> field is empty, the algorithm can't be added.
>
> The easy way to fix it is to decalre NODATA param as optional. What do
> you think about it ?
>
> Do you know other potential optional parameters ?
>
> René-Luc

Hi,

I made a PR to fix it.

By the way, recently in this GDAL gdal_translate (used to clip by
extent) has been added the parameter

-wo OPTIMIZE_SIZE=TRUE

but this is not documented

http://www.gdal.org/gdal_translate.html

and in fact the command run from Processing fails on master because of it.

Can I remove it?

cheers

-- G --