[Qgis-developer] Report 10 - QGIS Resources Sharing Tools

Akbar Gumbira akbargumbira at gmail.com
Mon Aug 1 02:13:40 PDT 2016

Hi Matthias,

> I guess support for relative URLs should be trivial and make the
> repositories more portable. And as far as I can see it should be
> possible to have relative and absolute paths side-by-side, no?

If it's a matter of portability, users can still put the metadata inside
the repository itself (if they put the repository in a directory based e.g
git/local file system). It's just that they need to explicitly put the
metadata URI in the settings when adding a repository.

If users want to make a zip collections, they need to put the metadata
somewhere else outside the zip. I agree with Ale though that most users
probably prefer this, they can just put a zip and the metadata file in
dropbox or google drive for example.

Cheers