[Qgis-developer] Issue with QGIS server on CentOS - self compiled

Neumann, Andreas a.neumann at carto.net
Wed Aug 17 08:45:29 PDT 2016

Hi,

Answering myself: with the help of Mathias I was able to resolve the
issue. Apparently I had two different library versions of gdal installed
in /usr/local/lib, one with external libpng and one with internal (older
libpng). Apparently, at runtime it was decided to pick up the older
version, while QGIS was compiled against the newer version. After
cleaning up any old gdal libraries and reinstalling from source,
everything went smoothly.

Thanks all and esp. Matthias!

Greetings,

Andreas

On 2016-08-11 14:03, Neumann, Andreas wrote:

> HI David,
>
> Thanks - I am aware that there are packages. But there are two main reasons why I want to self-compile:
>
> * being able to use certain configuration options or supporting databases that are not supported by the standard package (such as Oracle support)
>
> * being able to test new features from github regularly
>
> I still haven't fixed the issue with the two incompatible libpng. Seems to be more a runtime issue with Apache fcgi and LD_LIBRARY_PATH. BTW: output as JPEG works fine ...
>
> I will post again if I was able to fix the issue.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Andreas
>
> On 2016-08-11 05:24, Dave Johansen wrote:
> QGIS is packaged in EPEL, so that would be another option.
> https://admin.fedoraproject.org/pkgdb/package/rpms/qgis/
>
> On Wed, Aug 10, 2016 at 10:17 AM, Neumann, Andreas <a.neumann at carto.net> wrote:
>
> Hi,
>
> I self-compiled QGIS Server (on CentOS 7) and it works fine for GetCapabilities and GetProjectSettings commands, but fails for GetMap.
>
> In the Apache log I get an error:
>
> libpng warning: Application was compiled with png.h from libpng-1.5.13
> libpng warning: Application is running with png.c from libpng-1.2.56
> libpng error: Incompatible libpng version in application and library
>
> I checked libpng and there is "libpng-1.5.13" on my machine in /usr/lib64. Within the gdal source tree (also self-compiled) there is a is a second version of libpng, which seems to match libpng-1.2.56
>
> Do you have an idea how I can influence the QGIS server fcgi file to pick up libpng-1.5.13 first?
>
> I tried to set LD_LIBRARY_PATH and set "/usr/lib64" first, so I assumed it picks up the newer version first. But it still fails ...
>
> Does libgdal.so contain the older version of libpng which conflicts?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Andreas

Links:
------