[Qgis-developer] Best way to share QGIS scripting techniques

C Hamilton adenaculture at gmail.com
Wed Aug 17 09:30:23 PDT 2016

Recently, I needed to create a set of images using a vector data set that
contained dates. I wanted to iterate across years to generate the images.
The TimeManager plugin works perfect for this, except I needed more control
of the output image - the type of control I get from the Print Composer.
To accomplish the task I created the Print Composer to generate the layout
that I wanted. Then I wrote a python script that communicated with the
TimeManager plugin to set the date and then called the Print Composer's
generate tiff image routine. It worked great.

I think this would make a good how-to tutorial. Where is the best location
to put such a tutorial and is there a public data set that you would
recommend that I could use for the tutorial because my data set is not
sharable. It would need a date field.

Thanks!!!