[Qgis-developer] Moving towards QGIS3?

Nyall Dawson nyall.dawson at gmail.com
Tue Aug 23 14:14:28 PDT 2016

On 24 Aug 2016 12:34 AM, "Paolo Cavallini" <cavallini at faunalia.it> wrote:

> Hi all,
> reading the list at:
> https://github.com/qgis/qgis3.0_api/issues
> it seems to me that some items have already been addressed, some maybe
> even fixed. Could you confirm which ones are still valid?

We've been closing as they are fixed, so everything still open is
outstanding.

I don't think anyone's specifically working through that list yet - we are
very much still in the "cleanup" phase and removing years of legacy cruft.

There's still a lot of work to do to remove all the remaining deprecations,
but at least with every removal the code gets a bit cleaner and future
tasks are easier.

> Should we prioritize the remaining ite, or redefine them as
> necessary|useful|nice to have, so we know the minimum set to complete
> for 3.0 release?
> All the best.

So far everything has been done by just a handful of devs in their spare
time. I'm not sure how useful it is for someone to specifically prioritize
them. I think it's being driven more by how annoying each individual dev
finds that part of the API!

I'd say we are still very early days in the work towards 3.0 and release
checklists could come later.

Nyall