[Qgis-developer] issue move to gh stalled

Andreas Neumann a.neumann at carto.net
Sat Aug 27 02:00:16 PDT 2016

Hi Denis,

We had a look at hosted solutions (for Gitlab and for Redmine) - but
most of them had been too expensive for our case - they have a limit on
the number of users that can be associated with a project, or other
limits like file sizes/total project size, etc.

Running our own gitlab instance would have been an option, but no one
volunteered to take on the task of permanently maintaining the
infrastructure, e.g. dealing with security issues/patching/upgrading,
spammers, deal with the evil guys out on the web. Maybe if we can find
someone who wants to take on the task (ideally more than one person), we
could reconsider to use a self-hosted gitlab.

Note that the new Redmine instance has some integration with github.
Jürgen, Richard or Pirmin can tell you the details.

What is so bad with Redmine? And exactly what integration with github
are you missing? Maybe Redmine can do this integration.

Andreas