[Qgis-developer] QEP about Multimap support for QGIS

Nyall Dawson nyall.dawson at gmail.com
Mon Aug 29 02:25:00 PDT 2016

https://github.com/qgis/QGIS/compare/master...ahuarte47:Feature_MultimapView

> As I can see, your  MultimapView  will change many calls, adding
parameters.
> I suppose therefore that almost all plugins will have to take account of
these new parameters and need to be changed, it is no longer compatible.
> We can not adopt a "soft" technique, in the sense that new parameters can
be optional ?

Hi Roberto,

You may not be aware that QGIS is currently moving toward version 3.0, and
as part of that we have broken compatibility for plugins made for 2.x.

As a result all plugins and scripts will need to be reworked anyway,
including adapting them for qt5 and python 3.

As such it's actually the perfect time to introduce a change like this!

Cheers
Nyall