[Qgis-developer] how to turn my plugin into a processing subplugin

Nyall Dawson nyall.dawson at gmail.com
Thu Dec 1 13:25:32 PST 2016

On 29 Nov 2016 1:22 AM, "Julie Pierson" <julie.pierson at cnrs.fr> wrote:

Hi all,

I would like to answer this issue for my plugin :
https://github.com/UMR-PASSAGES/DissolveWithStats/issues/2, and turn it
into a processing subplugin. I read this : https://docs.qgis.org/testing/
en/docs/pyqgis_developer_cookbook/processing.html, but I'm still not sure
how to go on.

I'm guessing that my script will be accessible from the Scripts/Tools part
of the processing toolbox. But I don't understand :
- where these scripts are hosted, and how do I submit it
- where do I start ? Should I just make  a new version of my plugin without
the GUI ?

Have a look at
https://github.com/jdugge/BufferByPercentage/commit/c52d161b40abf6bbd45e7ec421eb311623592e90

That's a similar commit which added a processing module to an existing
plugin.

The hardest(?) part is refactoring your plugin to split all the logic out
from any existing gui. Buts that's a good thing to do in any case.

Nyall

Sorry if the answers are obvious !

Thanks,

Julie.