[Qgis-developer] Proposal: Having all Processing providers as independent components

Régis Haubourg regis.haubourg at gmail.com
Tue Dec 6 00:17:46 PST 2016

Hi Victor,
about this, we need to think of upgrading process so that a user raising
QGIS version will have no choice but to also upgrade the locally installed
stuff (providers, algs, ..) to avoid version conflicts. We should probably
then have some metadata with min and max processing version for providers
and algorithms to ensure consistency.
It might be a way full of caveats probably. Also, does that fit with the
idea from Matthias and Nyall of having core processing capabilities to have
them enabled in Android (or any python unfriendly platform) ?.

Cheers
Régis