[Qgis-developer] Listener for Atlas Change Page

Shawn Tse shawntse at gmail.com
Mon Dec 12 21:44:37 PST 2016

Hi all,

I'm interested in being able to make graphs that update depending on
what the active feature in the atlas is. I know some python and a
little bit of the QGIS API, but I'm curious - is there some sort of
listener function for the atlas that gets called whenever the Preview
Atlas/Prev Feature/Next Feature/First Feature/Last Feature buttons are
pressed?

What I eventually want to do is to manipulate the node items that were
created in a recent updated version of QGIS, and use them to make a
line graph, gridlines, etc.

I'm hoping to draw the data directly from the shapefiles themselves or
from a .csv file.

I originally tried to use an expression in a text box to do this, but
it seems that expressions are unable to use custom functions to
manipulate the composer. So I'm hoping that there's some sort of
Listener method.

Thanks.