[Qgis-developer] should core plugins not be available in plugin manager?

Victor Olaya volayaf at gmail.com
Tue Dec 13 02:00:33 PST 2016

> IMO anything core is no longer a plugin, processing included.  We don't have
> these options for stuff like Python console etc so it doesn't make sense to
> have it for the rest.

+1. Plugins should be "extra" things. Even if they are formally a
plugin, things like DB manager or Processing should be considered core
and handled just like, for instance, the layers panel or the python
console. Will be clearer for user also, i think. They dont have to
know about the implementation, if it's C++ or Python, or that kind of
things...they just have the functionality in there and use it.