[Qgis-developer] Testing new network analyses

Alexander Bruy alexander.bruy at gmail.com
Tue Dec 13 23:08:09 PST 2016

Hi Paolo,

> just compiled, testing the new functions, but I cannot get any result,
> starting from OSM unprojected data. Anyone more lucky?
I have used RoadGraph plugin several times with OSM data and it worked fine.
Also I tested Processing algs with projected and not projected OSM data, it
also worked for me. Maybe your points are placed too far from roads or network
itself contains gaps? In this case adjusting topology tolerance may help.

> * the new widget to get coordinates from canvas is supernice, can it be
> uses for other modules (e.g. r.viewsed, and others from GRASS) as well?

This widget was added about year ago or even later (can't remember exactly when
I made it). And of course it can be used in any Processing algorithm.

> * in case of projected layers, the coords as taken from the canvase
> should be backprojected to original layer CRS.

This is known issue and it is also happens for extent selector. There
are no solution
at the moment, but we (Victor and me) plan to work on it. Hope this
will be fixed before
release. Related ticket https://hub.qgis.org/issues/15680.

> * several commands are still missing to be on par with GRASS v.net
> modules: would it be usefult to make a list of missing functionalities?
> Should I fill tickets not to forget about it?

Well, I never thought about being on par with GRASS and don't know if this makes
sense.

--
Alexander Bruy