[Qgis-developer] Plugin [1102] AequilibraE approval notification.

Pedro Camargo veigacamargo at gmail.com
Sun Dec 18 23:25:10 PST 2016

Hi Luigi and Paolo,

           I corrected the problems you pointed out with AequilibraE and
re-uploaded it.

Luigi's concern with malicious code is a very valid one, and I would
actually appreciate to have a manner to have it checked. However, I would
appreciate if we could find a solution that does not prevent us from having
plugins that are compiled.

As Luigi pointed out, the code is written in Cython to increase performance
of the software, but it is still 5.5x slower than the proprietary software
that I used as a benchmark. In a nutshell, if it cannot be compiled, it
will never fly. So I would ask you guys to be considerate of this point.

My concerns might not even be valid, and I do apologize if that is the
case. I just must admit that, as an amateur software developer, I miss some
of the jargon used here when talking about more technical issues on
software development.

Cheers,
Pedro