[Qgis-developer] QGIS Install instructions

DelazJ delazj at gmail.com
Tue Dec 20 14:04:14 PST 2016

Hi,
Browsing the install instructions of QGIS at
http://htmlpreview.github.io/?https://raw.github.com/qgis/QGIS/master/doc/INSTALL.html
(whose source is at https://github.com/qgis/QGIS/blob/master/INSTALL), it
is stated:

_/!\ Note to document writers: This documented is generated from
doc/INSTALL.t2t - if you need to edit this document, be sure to edit that
file rather than the generated INSTALL document found in the root of the
source directory._

The doc/INSTALL.t2t file being an aggregate of multiple .t2t files from the
doc folder, I concluded that these were the files to edit if I needed to
fix something in the install instructions.

So, can someone please explain me why this fix (
https://github.com/qgis/QGIS/commit/6f87532ac7610f72c1f8bbef7deceb713f7f8e54)
from days ago is not yet available in
https://htmlpreview.github.io/?https://raw.github.com/qgis/QGIS/master/doc/INSTALL.html#toc10
?