[Qgis-developer] DWG/DXF Import on Linux

Régis Haubourg regis.haubourg at gmail.com
Thu Dec 22 07:14:54 PST 2016

Hi,
Tested here on 2.18.2 and master and it works (ubuntu, compiled from source)
Anyway I found some UX issues:

- Input (dwg) and output (gpkg) should be switched in UI. It is strange -
to me at least - to first find output.
- DWG input is called "Drawing". Could we call it "DWG drawing" ?
- Import step is triggered from inside the ficle dialog chooser, which is
quite uncommon. It lets user think there is some freeze when in fact real
work is being done
- If we continue to play with the import window after having choosen the
dwg file - already converted to gpkg then - it will import an empty group
to the canvas.

My proposal is to do the work only with "reload" and "import" buttons, not
when double clicking on the file when inside the file chooser dialog.

Thanks for that awesome work (and funding)
Régis