[Qgis-developer] Help needed setting up Ubuntu build environment

David Adler dadler at adtechgeospatial.com
Thu Feb 11 04:11:43 PST 2016

Thank you for the quick response.

Unfortunately, section 3.3 with the build dependencies is cut off on the
right side. Is there another link for the entire document?

The build process at this link are quite different, using 'ccmake' while
the directions at
https://www.qgis.org/en/site/getinvolved/development/qgisdevelopersguide/qtcreator.html
use QtCreator.

Any help with the most current and complete build process would be
appreciated.

On 2/10/2016 6:00 PM, DelazJ wrote:
> Hi,
> I think the detailed instructions page should be this one :
> https://github.com/qgis/QGIS/blob/master/INSTALL
>
> Regards

> <mailto:dadler at adtechgeospatial.com>>:
>
>     The instructions at
>     http://qgis.org/en/site/getinvolved/development/qgisdevelopersguide/qtcreator.html
>     have a link for "detailed instructions" but the link doesn't work.
>
>     I'm up to the CMake error "Could not find GEOS".
>     sudo apt-get install GEOS
>     sudo apt-get install geos
>     don't succeed.
>
>     I haven't previously used QtCreator or CMake on Ubuntu.
>
>     ---

---