[Qgis-developer] Error in Processing

Matthias Kuhn matthias at opengis.ch
Mon Feb 15 01:39:08 PST 2016

Hi Victor

On 02/14/2016 07:22 PM, Victor Olaya wrote:
> Yes, we can make a release once 2.14 is out, but there are changes in
> the new Processing (using virtual layers)¨that make it uncompatible
> with QGIS < 2.14....

Are these changes so low-level that this version cannot be shipped with
both? Can they not be catched with an if on
qgis.utils.QGis.QGIS_VERSION_INT or a small try-except-block?

I think this is a broader topic of what is the policy for core plugins,
do they receive updates throughout the maintenance period of a given
release? Are bugfixes to processing for 2.8 shipped at the moment and
how (plugin repository or with the binary)?

Bests

--
Matthias Kuhn
OPENGIS.ch - https://www.opengis.ch