[Qgis-developer] Please test length/area measurement in master

Nyall Dawson nyall.dawson at gmail.com
Mon Feb 15 12:48:50 PST 2016

Hi all,

Just putting out a call for extensive testing of length and area
measurements in the current master version. Over the past week I've
done a bunch of work trying to simplify the situation regarding
length/area calculation and unit handling, with the intention of
closing http://hub.qgis.org/issues/13209 and the other outstanding
area calculation issues (plus locking all this down with unit tests!).

I'd really appreciate thorough testing being done by users to ensure
that this bug is now indeed fixed prior to the 2.14 release.

Things to check:

- measured length/area is consistent across the identify tool results,
field calculator, and measure tool. (note that there's still an open
bug regarding virtual fields - there's a PR open to fix this but it's
not merged yet). Testing with different combinations of geographic/non
geographic CRS, OTF projection on/off and various
ellipsoid/planimetric calculations would be perfect.
- test the new project properties settings for project distance/area
units and coordinate formats
- test the reworked options for QGIS angle units and measurement of
angles using the measure tool

Thanks in advance!

Nyall