[Qgis-developer] [Server] performance questions

kimaidou kimaidou at gmail.com
Mon Feb 29 10:42:27 PST 2016

Hi Marco,

>:

> Hi all
>
> This is not a server specific problem. It is that QGIS may need a long
> time to get metadata for some layers. So the best solution is (as it has
> been proposed already in this thread) to enhance QGIS to store the metadata
> (in the project file) and not read it from the db the first time.

I agree. We also need some behaviour to let the user decide how these
metadata are refreshed when needed : manually, or if it is older than X
seconds/minutes/hours/days.

> This will also speed up loading of large projects, it is not only usefull
> for the server. We should avoid to make any server specific things in core
> for that.

I agree with you, this "server specific thing" was not necessary, as
improvements in this area will be great for both desktop and server.

> >- there was a bug in QGIS Server which did not use cache whenever a
> GetMap request was called with an empty STYLE parameter
>
> No, the opposite. It did not use cache with a non-empty style parameter.

You are right, I wrote my email too fast.

Cheers
Michaƫl