[Qgis-developer] Authentification use from Python

Bernhard Ströbl bernhard.stroebl at jena.de
Tue Jan 12 03:47:59 PST 2016

Hi all,

my goal is that my users do not save their PostgreSQL passwords in clear
text but that they use the new Authentification system to do so. For my
plugins I would need access to the PostgreSQL username and password,
though. Is this generally possible in spite of security considerations
as mentioned in the QGEP? If yes, how would I do it?

what I have so far is:
<code>
am = QgsAuthManager.instance()
myAuthMethodConfig = am.availableAuthMethodConfigs()[mykey]
myAuthMethodConfig.configMap() # returns an empty dict :-(
</code>

QGIS 2.12.2

any help appreciated

regards