[Qgis-developer] Help with projections

Andreas Neumann a.neumann at carto.net
Wed Jan 13 00:41:12 PST 2016

Hi Paolo,

I think it would be worth to have better projection choice support in
QGIS. It is really hard to select proper projections, esp. for new
users. We also lack some useful worldwide projections in our proj4 database.

One could have a d3.js based preview for world-wide projections.

Would be a good thing for a GSOC project, I think.

Andreas