[Qgis-developer] Check geometry not fixing errors?

Sandro Mani manisandro at gmail.com
Fri Jan 15 08:12:50 PST 2016

On 08.01.2016 19:37, Paolo Cavallini wrote:
> Il 08/01/2016 19:02, Paolo Cavallini ha scritto:
>> Hi all,
>> I tried several options, but I cannot get rid of the errors in layers from
>> http://opendata.regione.abruzzo.it/content/ctrn-regione-abruzzo-15000
>> e.g.
>> http://opendata.regione.abruzzo.it/opengeodata/Dati_vettoriali/DBTR/CTR_2001-05_5k_SHP/348111.rar
>> Any hint?
> BTW, neither GRASS nor Make Valid (the lwgeom plugin) succeed in fixing
> these errors, as they simply throw away the polygons with errors.
> Furthermore, lwgeom plugin seems not to be working (returning an empty
> output layer) on 2.8, whereas it runs on >=2.12. Feedback would be welcome.
> All the best.

Hi Paolo

Looks like these are 3D shapefiles, at least when running the checker
with "create new layer" I got:

Failed to create the output layer: creation of layer failed (OGR
error:Geometry type of `3D Polygon' not supported in shapefiles.

Type can be overridden with a layer creation option

of SHPT=POINT/ARC/POLYGON/MULTIPOINT/POINTZ/ARCZ/POLYGONZ/MULTIPOINTZ.

)

Some improvements are needed in QgsVectorFileWriter to discard the Z
component resp to allow 3D polygons.

I'll also look at whether there is some bad handling within the geometry
checker code itself.

Best Sandro