[Qgis-developer] Qt4->Qt5 timeline: WebKit and WebEngine in Fedora

Matthias Kuhn matthias at opengis.ch
Wed Jan 20 04:05:42 PST 2016

Hi all,

FYI

this was just sent out for the upcoming Fedora version.

== Detailed Description ==
QtWebEngine is the new web engine by the Qt project based on Chromium,
effectively replacing QtWebKit, though it is not a drop-in
replacement. QtWebEngine will be available in Fedora as an additional
option. QtWebKit will remain available for the foreseeable future, and
thus applications currently using QtWebKit are not impacted by this
change, unless and until upstream ports them to QtWebEngine. The
version initially packaged for Fedora 24 will be QtWebEngine 5.6.

https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Changes/QtWebEngine

Matthias

--
Matthias Kuhn