[Qgis-developer] Processing provider versions and hard coded path in settings

Blumentrath, Stefan Stefan.Blumentrath at nina.no
Mon Jan 25 03:54:35 PST 2016

Hi Alex,

Thanks for your reply, and sorry if my question was a bit unclear...

When I want to use e.g. GRASS 7 in Processing, I have to provide the path to the "GRASS7 folder" in Processing --> Processing Options --> Providers
From there, in my case e.g. "C:\Program Files (x86)\QGIS Lyon\apps\grass\grass-7.0.3RC2" has been saved as an absolute path to my QGIS.ini file in my home directory.

If I use different QGIS versions in parallel (e.g. latest stable and LTR) the path can change. Furthermore, I have to update it manually, after each update of GRASS or SAGA (because then the paths change as well...

This is what I meant, not the source code...

But maybe it would be better to have the paths themselves more stable...
Recently, Helmut Kudrnovsky did some work on making RStudio available in the GRASS console in OSGeo4W. Maybe something like this is needed to grab the path to GRASS, SAGA or R for processing...?

Cheers
Stefan