[Qgis-developer] AttributeError on Plugin Upgrade

Spencer Gardner spencergardner at gmail.com
Fri Jan 29 12:04:46 PST 2016

I have a custom repo and a custom plugin that I'm developing for QGIS. I
recently updated the plugin in the repo to a new version and tried to
upgrade on my local QGIS install. When I did so, I received the following
error:

AttributeError: 'module' object has no attribute 'classFactory'

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "C:/OSGEO4~1/apps/qgis/./python\qgis\utils.py", line 306, in startPlugin
    plugins[packageName] = package.classFactory(iface)
AttributeError: 'module' object has no attribute 'classFactory'

I've seen this issue before in my plugin (most notably when I try to
use the Plugin Reloader tool) but I've never been able to figure it
out. Is my plugin missing something in the init.py or in the main
plugin class?

For reference, my plugin code can be found here:

https://github.com/spencerrecneps/TDG-Tools/tree/master/TDGAlgorithmProviderPlugin

Thanks for any input!