[Qgis-developer] DB2 Provider for QGIS

Nyall Dawson nyall.dawson at gmail.com
Fri Jan 29 15:14:10 PST 2016

On 30 January 2016 at 10:00, David Adler <dadler at adtechgeospatial.com> wrote:
> As a novice GitHub user, I didn't realize that clicking on the Pull Request
> button was going to start automated testing of our draft code and send out
> notifications to many people connected with QGIS/Master.  I was just hoping
> to synchronize my fork with QGIS/Master which appears to be a completely
> different and more involved process.
>
> In any case, we are appreciative of all the constructive comments that were
> made so quickly.
>
> A few questions:
>
> It appears that Travis ran again against our fork.  Does it just do this
> continuously once the pull request was initiated?  Or does it recognize a
> new commit/push was done to my fork and fire up again?

Yes, basically github recognizes when your branch connected to the
pull request has changed, and triggers a new Travis build/test run.
Travis is free for us, so don't feel bad about making it do work!

> How do I find the errors and warnings that are found?  Someone was helpful
> enough to send me a link to them but I didn't see any way to find them in
> the Travis log.

Right at the very bottom of the Travis log there'll be a link to the
build results. Otherwise you can go to
http://dash.orfeo-toolbox.org/index.php?project=QGIS and look for your
PR number in the "Experimental" section.

> Is there a way to run Travis specifically against our code?  Is there
> documentation about using Travis with QGIS?

If you signup for Travis using YOUR github account (free!), then
Travis will also check all your branches as you push them to github.
This lets you work on and test your changes prior to making a PR (if
desired).

> It appears that currently the only errors are related to indentation,
> although we wouldn't want the current state of the code to be merged into
> the QGIS master.  Copyright / license needs to be added, improve connection
> authentication, remove excess debug and thorough code review internally.

Don't worry too much about the indentation test, that's final
polishing which can be sorted before merge. Concentrate on the changes
you think are required first.

> although we wouldn't want the current state of the code to be merged into
> the QGIS master.

No risk of that. We won't do a full review/merge until you indicate
that you're ready. The feedback so far is just us being
curious/helpful/? and because we're rather
proactive/passionate/(obsessive?) about our code base ;)

Nyall